Do I Qualify
Rental Qualifications & Standards
Thank you for choosing to apply with Legend Real Estate. Please review the rental
requirements and minimum standards below before you begin the application process.
FOR SECURITY REASONS, IF YOU PAUSE TOO LONG DURING THE ONLINE
APPLICATION PROCESS, YOU MAY LOSE YOUR PROGRESS.
For Per Bed Housing: Each person 18 years and older will need to complete a separate application and submit a non-refundable application fee of $50. If you are under 18, you will be required to have a cosigner, who will also be charged a non-refundable application fee of $50.
For Unit Housing: Batching singles must each complete a separate application and each submit a non-refundable application fee of $50. A family, consisting of two adults and minor child(ren), may fill out an application as signer and cosigner. A non- refundable fee of $100 will be charged.
Valid government issued photo identification: A driver’s license, military ID, state ID, or passport, and visa number (if applicable) are required on the application.
EMERGENCY CONTACT MUST BE A PARENT OR SPOUSE. Failure to do so will result in a delay in processing the application. This is the person that would need to be contacted in case an emergency situation arises with the applicant and someone needs to be contacted. A reason for an exception needs to be communicated to our office in order to be accepted.
Rental History: Applicants must provide the name and contact information for their previous place(s) of residence for up to the past three years. If the applicant does not have rental history, or there is a significant gap in rental history, please provide an explanation.
Proof of Income/ Employment:
● Per Bed Housing: Monthly income must be 3 times the monthly rental payment. Sources may include employment, scholarships, grants, and other sources of income. Proof of income or funds may be required. A guarantor is required if the applicant does not have proof of sufficient income. Guarantors may also need to provide proof of sufficient income.
● Unit Housing: The combined gross income of all adults living in the rental property must be 3 times the monthly rent and associated fees. Documentation of income may be required in the form of paystubs, other support payments, tax returns, or employer verification.
BACKGROUND CHECK/CREDIT HISTORY:
● Applicants may not provide their own credit report.
● Credit criteria that will be considered are debt to income ratio, credit score, and accounts in collection.
● Prospective residents will be screened against eviction history, national sex offender registries, national watch lists, and national criminal databases. A criminal history will be considered and does not constitute an automatic rejection.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Until a lease is fully executed (rental contract signed), Legend Real Estate will continue to market and accept applications for all properties. Approval of an application does not guarantee placement, unless and until a lease is executed. A subsequent application may be approved in a quicker time frame depending on the application criteria and the documents provided by the applicant.
Please fill out your application completely to avoid delays.
If your application is approved, you will be notified by us sending you a contract through your email. You may not be contacted if your application is not accepted. Questions can be directed to our office at (801) 434-8840 or at email@example.com.
Once your contract has been sent out, you need to sign it immediately. Failure to do so may result in the contract being withdrawn and offered to another applicant.
The security deposit is due upon the signing of the rental contract. Failure to pay the security deposit does not void the contract. No tenant will be allowed access to the unit until the security deposit and any other charges are paid in full.